Batik Perdani aka Kek Batik Arora

Lazing around with nothing to do last weekend prompted me to bake this simple cake. As the other food bloggers has baked this wonderful looking cake, I said to myself, why not?.. I just need to get that baking itch out anyway. At times I find it hard to decide to choose what to bake. Of course it depends very much on what is available in the pantry. Which reminds me of Nigella's pantry...berangan la nak dapatkan pantry like that huh?..

Well, you never knowkan, just becareful what you wish for sometimes as it may come true ***grinning***
So much for introduction kan. 


My disastrous layering, at times I have a knack of trying to be sooo smart  hence the outcome of the so-called smartness.  Oh well, next time just go by the book huh..Dunno la what was in my mind when I started to do the layering.   

The cake was still quite hot and due to my impatience this is it..Taste wise was nice and not too sweet, mum loves it and I added 1/4 cup of almond meal(which  was due to expire in a months' time) so I might as well get rid of it before it ends in Mr. Bin.

So this is my version Kek Batik Arora but my mom called it Kek Perdani(means carpet in local Sarawak dialect). When I look at my cake, I cringe, obviously theirs look much more attractive and vibrant than my choice of colours.  Whatever la kan, I've tried it and it was a success indeed.  So who cares about the outcome, it was gone sekali duduk kata orang Sarawak. 


 Photobucket

Comments

eVa said…
aie ktk kah time ya? kelisa merah nakkk.. mek prasan kelisa ada p mek xnampak ilak sapa dalam ya haha.. duhal ktk..tp boh tak eran rupa mek mcm sombong nak actually mek mun jalan xngga org ilak.. mata mek kabor, mun org tegor bok mek prasan hehe..


aie pande ktk bake.. dpt jual pagi2 then mek beli hehe
Nur68 said…
Dear Eva...:-)...ukan kelisa mirah, kelisa silver...yalah, saw you at first glance cam sombong jak tp since kamek dah follow blog kitak, rupa jak sombong p sik nak..hehe..kedak kamek juak..first impression org madah sombong n nampak garang...ececeh..angkat bakul aiee...hehe..
kamek bake suka2 jak Eva...nak bizness lambat tp kamek seasonal bisness jak..time raya jak berjual biskut...
Unknown said…
your cake looks yummy...i wanna try baking this cake too..wish me luck ya ;-)

salam perkenalan,
wanG
http://suteraterengganusilk.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Bahasa Melano Balingian

oooo En Haris......Izzah............Ombak Rindu

Thoughts and rambles