Miri Trip 30/12/2008 - 4/1/2009

Location: Dave's Deli, Miri 31/12/2008
Who's who: Freda & me

With Salia. (we sure are proud to be columbians..hehehehe...these were the only two pictures taken using Freda's motorola handphone after our discussion for a big reunion in June 2009)


Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!....my new look for my blog this year. Can't really tell how long this one would last but then again, we'll see right?...After all, this blog is mine to do as I pleases. (laughing away painfully...having a tummy ache at the moment...). I did not manage to update since the end of December last year. Busy?..none of that actually, I was somehow loss for words to describe almost anything then. Then I was in Miri from 30/12/2008 till 4/1/2009. I don't feel like coming back to Kuching by the end of it. Miri has always been and will always be my home though I'm based in Kuching now, like they say, home is where the heart is. I was there to arrange for a major reunion of my former classmates & schoolmates. I had a few small reunion cos the three of us, myself, Freda & Salia went to see good old friends at their houses. We've met Regina Imang aka Sarah Regina Abdullah, happily married to her all-time boyfriend Amir(believe it or not both of them were already going steady since Regina was still in Form 2 and they got married right after she completed her MCE exam..) She's a teacher now and doing her MSc at Unimas.

The following day, I had lunch with Timot at her house at Kpg Luak and later taught her how to make Kek Ati Parek. Yang aku geram nak kek ya berolah indah, selalu molah sik pernah kismis ya turun, sekali nanga bila kek dah masak, turun indah. Back in Kuching, I told my mum about it and she told me probably it was due to the cooking chocolate. Oh well, Timot's whole family love the cake and I still owe her the recipe though. Tunggu lok Mot!...gik gago..gago sik berpaedah..kekekekeke. Finally after all these years, I spoke to Ranbir (another ex-classmate) who is now one of the well-known lawyer in Miri and owns a legal firm. We were suppose to meet him over for dinner that everning but he had some prior arrangements with his clients. Big case according to him..so next time jak Ranbir....you owe me one, definitely!! He sends his regards to Biak and Bonnie which I conveyed to them immediately after that. (giggling away..remembered the incident when Biak threw the duster at Ranbir during school time..why?....not sharing here...kekekekeke).

Before dinner, we made a surpirse visit to Muni's house. We sort of crashed our way in to her house without notifying her first. Not intentional though because earlier on Timot's handphone broke down and all her stored numbers were untraceable. Udah gik kamek duak ke rumahnya waktu magrib...sabar jaklah lakinya. So happy to have met her after all these years, we last met in 1990 when both of us were in UiTM, she's more beautiful and radiant now, happily married with our former teacher and has 2 beautiful girls. We chatted for a while though she insisted that we stayed longer. Another hugs, kisses and tears follow after that and I owe a night stay at her place for my next visit. Insyallah. Timot brought me over to Bavaria Cafe for dinner that night. It was a nice and cosy and of course quiet place. Highly recommended for those who prefers quiet and comfy atmosphere. I ordered a scrumptous lamb chops and a creamy yogurt drink. What a combination huh? We shared a lot of stories down memory lane and didn't realised that it was already 1030 pm. After that she dropped my off at Servey Supermarket where my cousin picked me up.

Sunday 4/1/09, we had arranged for kind of potluck at Yen's house. Only me and Freda turned up, Salia had to cancel due to some last minute thingy with her babies at home. Before that we went round looking for Stella's house, and yes we managed to locate her with the help of my cousin whose house was only a minutes's drive away from my cousin's house. And all these years I never thought that she was just so near and yet so far then. There were hugs & tears of course. I was very closed to Stella or fondly known as Yen. Happily married with 3 doting daughters, now a housewife and husband with his offshore job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bahasa Melano Balingian

oooo En Haris......Izzah............Ombak Rindu

Thoughts and rambles