Feels good to back home with loved ones and familiar faces

I was in Miri for 6 days last week.  Apart from attending the wedding of  my cousin's children, I simply took the opportunity to meet up with my ex-classmates and schoolmates. 

My companion at the airport.  Bought this in Ramadhan this year but was so busy with the fasting and Eid preparation that I had almost forgotten about it.  Found it while packing the night before this trip.  Glad I brought it with me as my flight was a two-transit flight to Sibu and Bintulu before reaching Miri.  Oh well, what's there to complain, fare was cheap and simply irresistable to my purse. 


Bored to the max and was getting quite restless, took these two pictures over the shores of Bintulu and the sunset. 
  

It was a small crowd just 6 of us but it was enough to rekindle sweet memories of yesteryears.  Being with people that you love and whose company you enjoy, the conversations seems endless.  My deepest condolence to a friend who lost her husband in July this year and another classmate, he lost his wife to breast cancer barely a month ago.


In our mid 40s, it certainly feels good to be back with familiar faces and the ones who've shared some of the best and worst moments in life.

We shared some  sad news especially this year when 3 of them lost their beloved father(none of them in this picture), another one saw her husband passed away of heart attack and barely a month ago another classmate lost his wife to breast cancer.  It was indeed very comforting to know that they were able to offer comfort for each other in their times of tragedy.   Me, being here in Kuching could only offer my prayers that everything would be fine with them.  (though how I wish I could spread my wings and be by their words to offer my shoulders and lend my ears.

Friendship is such a beautiful thing especially when  the numbers starts climbing I realised that I have this sense of longing and wishing to see them always.  Looking back how fast the time and years has gone by has made me appreciating each passing moment with gratitude.  In fact, some of us are not close but keeping tabs with each other once in a while has certainly and somehow the bond seemed to be stronger than ever.


With another group of close friends, these are my ITMCS buddies, 3 of us were in Pre-Commerce together, I failed and continued with my Secretarial Course 2 semesters later.  The rest continued with their Diploma & Degree.  There's an assistant Editor for a well-known local magazine, the other two are accountants and alhamdulillah  all of us seems to be doing well in our own respective careers but the friendship bond between us seems to be stronger year after year irrespective of the career difference and social status.  Since that the three of us were in Miri at the same time, we arranged for a short time together and meet up with the rest.  Another one declined that his photo was not uploaded here.

I missed all of them so much.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bahasa Melano Balingian

oooo En Haris......Izzah............Ombak Rindu

Thoughts and rambles