Conversation of the day (A day in a secretary's diary)


Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada
(I love this movie as it is related to my job and everyone involved in the secretarial line should watch this)
Photo credits to Twentienth Century Fox

Monday, what can I say hmmmm...it was not really a busy day for me today except for the ocassional incoming calls plus other routine stuff in and out of the office. Let's just say that my part of the job was ok and so so..but it was a different thing for a fellow secretary next door. And the conversation goes like this.

W: Hai partner (that's how she calls me). I've been looking for you high and low dari tadik la.(sounded so worried already)


Me: What's up geng? Anything I cannot help you with (giggling away)

W: Partner! (sounded panic already) Did you receive the invitation letter from >>>>>>>>> for the trip to Mukah today?

Me: (immediately snap myself into serious mode) I did, last week actually and I received two copies of it. Why?
W: Who is arranging for the flight etc?
Me: I asked Prof about it and he said, just book the flight and he'll pay for it first. He will claim later. That's the normal arrangement la katanya.

Me: Why partner?..Ada masalah besar kah?

W: Did you receive any emails on this before this?

Me: (worried already) Nope, so far I've never received any emails, only memos and letters. I've received all these from the DVC's office. Aduhhh partner!..Pahal tok, you better spill everything la, you're making me worried you know.

W: (she sounded as if she was about to burst into tears) Prof called me from the airport just now and he told me that the flight to Mukah is full. And he asked me how was the arrangement with the other party?..Who was suppose to do the booking, the secretariat or us?

W: Aku blur sekejap bila Prof nanyak tadik, and I asked him again,what flight are you talking about Prof?
Me: I thought he's not coming cos my boss told me that your boss is not coming anyway. It was in his email to the rest of the group. I assumed that your boss informed you about it. That's why I didn't call to check with you. Normally we would contact each other on this nak?..

W: Adohhh partner, semua tok miscommunication la, salah aku juak sik alert...huhuuhu. Wonder what my boss thinks of me now after all these years!

Me: It's ok partner, it's one of those days when things just don't happen as expected. Don't worry too much la, am sure it'll be ok.

W: Sik sedap rasa atiku bila boss ku madah, I'll see you tomorrow W, bingung aku partner. Mestinya marah esok kan?

Me: Well, marah2 punnya benda dah berlaku but am sure he'll be ok by tomorrow. Don't worry la partner. I've been in deep shit before ok worst than what happened to you today. Let me share with you the shit that I made with my previous boss. (giggling away)

Me: Everyone knows Prof T is a perfectionist kan, so last year during one of his trips to Jakarta, both us of prepared everything 2 months before his trip. What with the checklist etc, and guess what! the very last minute I had forgotten to book his room on his way to Jakarta then. I received his sms around 0100 am. Udah giknya pegi ngembak bininya. Sik pecah palak ko mikir ya...I was deep shit then..hehehhehe...you know what I did, I just apologised to him and told him that I had totally forgotten about it. And.....................he didn't reply my sms.

W: That bad huh!...and knowing his reputation again..

Me: Yalah, what's done cannot be undone kan, so I just took it as it. Telan ajaklah deng! I was so worried and I couldn't sleep after that. He was away for about a week plus and it was an agonizing week for me then. So finally when he came back from his trip, the moment he came to the office I immediately apologised to him without offering any kind of excuses. I admitted my mistakes and he only said ok.

W: Waaa...just like that?
Me: Ya! just like that, I told myself to admit my mistake and that's all. No need to pluck any kind of excuses, you'll end up lying.

Me: So partner, I hope my little experience will help you. No need to worry bah.
W: Thanks partner, appreciate that so much.

Me: No problem partner. Ilek2 bah.
Moral of the story: Honesty is the best policy! (Sometimes!!!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bahasa Melano Balingian

oooo En Haris......Izzah............Ombak Rindu

Thoughts and rambles