June and dah bulan Rejab rupanya..........

Felt so lazy to go to work today after two days' of public holiday. Tapi nak,pagi2 masuk ofis dah atang moha, well can't blame my fellow west malaysian about it though, most belum alert lagik tentang cuti2 di Sarawak, waseh...but morning2 already make my blood go upstairs you know! dah bagus dah ku jawap tepon ya, **** (nama fakulti) selamat pagi....and org belah nun pun jawapan, I have been calling your office for the last two days and nobody picked up, what happened to everybody (nada marah, almost shouting...aiyoooo). I wanted to enquire about my daughter's blaaa, blaaa.........Dalam terkejut & san buyan ya, aku jawaplah: Excuse me sir, it was a public holiday for the Gawai Celebration in Sarawak on 1st and 2nd June every year, am sure your daughter knows about this since that she's been studying here for the last 2 years..Alu diam nya, mintak maaf pun ni sik...haishhhh...whatever lah, I just don't want to crack my head about it...the line just went dead after that.....duhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! It's definitely not a good customer service on my part but what to do....****shrug****

Since a lot of the staff took their leave today, there was not much going on the office except that all of 4 of us were doing our own stuff. No phone calls and that was good..no interference and we can do our work peacefully.

Did these during the holidays, pasta in tomato sauce,custard tea-cake and sambal terung asam. I was not satisfied with the outcome of the cake though but it turn out to be nice. I will stop making custard tea-cake for now, perhaps after raya..aih?...

 Pasta in tomato sauce


Custard tea-cake. Quite frustrated with the outcome though, tapi sik hal lah...will try again kelak2...



And for lunch last Wednesday, I made this sambal terung asam, just boil the terung asam and once the terung asam is cooked, just peel the skin off and diced them up.  Mix with sambal belacan.  Nyaman aih.!!! 

Sambal terung asam

Had lunch with bffs tadik and we went to Batu 7, sik ingat nama restoran tapi restaurant is located in the same building of Pizza Hut. Apart from lunch, I ordered this particular favourite of mine, in Sarawak we called it Tumpik or Pancake in English, this tumpik is made from sago flour and lots of fresh grated coconut (my request of course) plus some salt, nice and scrumptious to be eaten while still hot from the pan together with hot coffee.

See, look at the fresh coconut...nyaman aih...p)  Ilove this and my late maknek used to make this with fresh roasted prawns back in Mukah then. Anytime my mum make this I would eat this with salted fish or fried pusuk. Alfatihah to my late maknek. Missed her lots! Ok, dah2 sentimental dahnya lok. Anyway I prefer this than the normal tumpik made with flour or even  the western version of the pancake served with honey, butter or any other accompaniments.  Heavennnnnnnnnnn!!!!

So it's June already and it's already the 1st day of Rejab, soon will be the fasting month, so to all my muslim friends, selamat beribadat di Bulan Rejab, sapa nak bayar posa ya bayarlah disamping menjalankan puasa sunat di bulan Rejab yang mulia tok.

So have a nice weekend peeps and I hope that the weather would be kind this week, it has been a terribly hotttttttttttttttt weather lately and I'm getting slight headaches already plus some itchings here and there, wondered if those itchniness comes from the hot weather too.
 Photobucket

Comments

Mizz Coki said…
Hahahaha! sidak Penesa mpun restoran ya kak oi. mek orang booking dah nya cater pakei meeting. Persatuan Nelayan mpun ya. femes for tumpik!
HomeKreation said…
Salam Nur. Kacak jak rupa custard cake ya, why frust? Adei meleleh air liur nangga terung asam+sambal belacan. Lempeng sago ya femes waktu mek kecik2 dulu. Oh ya, mun kitak sik bz, jgn lupak email respi kuih ketupor, tingin maok molah sik puas makan hari ya, maceh.
Nur68 said…
Coki: yalah ya..kamek malar jak lupak nama restoran ya....w/pun selalu ke sia dgn kawan2..

Along: Yes, I will share it with you soon ok, recipe dah ada tapi belum sempat nak beremel dengan kitak...busy with some unnecassary things at the moment.

Popular posts from this blog

Bahasa Melano Balingian

oooo En Haris......Izzah............Ombak Rindu

Thoughts and rambles