Mum's curry puff

It has been sometime since mum made curry puff. So when I reached home yesterday I was delighted to see my old time favourite, mum's curry puff. Before I gobble two of it away, I managed to snap a few shots of the curry puff. Nothing special but when it comes to whatever your mum has prepared it is definitely special.Love you mum. Nak story la sikit, my mum used to make loads of this curry puff plus other kuihs as we were staying in a police quarters then, normally we would set up a table below the house and placed all the kuihs there for sale.  At times she would receive orders from police canteen and I would be given the task to deliver them to the canteen. Well, those were the days. 



Nak show-off la sikit the filling, though quite blurry, it's potatoes with dried prawns or sesar as it is known in Sarawak. This is my favourite filling and of course I would prefer to have it mixed with long beans and cilantros..hehehe...demanding kan?!!  And I don't like them with sweet potatoes fillings...sik nyaman!!!  Cerewet kan?!!!  Tersangattttlah......!!! I do have this funny  or rather "odd" habit of buying curry puffs if I happen to see any stalls selling one...reason?  Well, ......in a way am trying to look for the good ones so that I know where to get them in case my cravings for curry puff suddenly appears.  Cos I don't expect my mum to prepare curry puffs anytime just to entertain my "cravings" right?....

There goes my short tale of Mum's cuffy puff...LOL.  As much as I missed her curry puff I could only ate two of them and the balance I brought to the office the next morning to share with friends.



Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bahasa Melano Balingian

oooo En Haris......Izzah............Ombak Rindu

Thoughts and rambles