Yesss...

It's was Mothers' Day yesterday and I made two special dish for my mak  A day earlier huh, but so what kan, its the thought that counts.  As I mentioned in my previous posting, instead of making Penne in Tomato Sauce, I made Elbows and I baked mak Peanut butter cheesecake. She likes both but commented that the cheesecake was just too sweet for her but it was delish, creamy and turns out to be very nice though the surface ada jerawat sikit.  Recipe? The pasta was copy paste from Alongroz recipe's but I added capsicum, coriander and spring onions to add colours to it.

So this is the peanut butter cheesecake. Verdict: Creamy but too sweet for mak but she loved it. The recipe is just a basic recipe for cheesecake but I added peanut butter.

My version of this recipe is:

500gm cream cheese
150gm caster sugar
220gm peanut butter
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
1 box of nestle whipped cream (250ml)

Base:

100gm butter (melted)
Digestive biscuit (small packet)

Method:

1) Prepare a 9" springform pan and fill it with the mixture of melted butter and digestive biscuit. Put the pan away in the fridge.

2) Beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth, add in egg yolks and whipped cream. Whisk again till batter is smooth.

3) In a seperate bowl, whisk the egg whites till they reach soft peak and add in to (2). Fold the batter gently. Pour batter into 9" springform pan and bake for about an hour or less depends on oven.


Photobucket

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aslmkm.
Setiap anak mesti menyayangi ibu bapa selepas Allah SWT & Rasulullah SAW.
Tapi bagi seorang isteri, kita mesti meletakkan suami di atas ibu bapa. Suami yang soleh pula akan sentiasa mendokong segala perbuatan isteri yang baik. Kan?
Syukurlah ibu senang & bahagia. Tapi jangan terantai dengan pemikiran untuk menunjukkan tanda kasih & sayang pada Hari Ibu saja.
Ini satu syor saja untuk kek ... mungkin boleh kurangkkan sukatan gulanya kerana peanut butter juga ada gula.
Nur68 said…
W'salam Kak G

Tq for the advice. I learn to appreciate my mak more after what happened between her and my dad previously and I was able to justify a few things which I have overlooked somehow.
It was not easy bila semua ya terjadi but am thankful we never gave up on each other during those struggling and trying times.
HomeKreation said…
Salam Nur,
Back after much thought... thanx so much for your nice words & support. Hope your mum like the pasta you made.
Nur68 said…
W'salam Along

Tqs for dropping by...and please continue with your blogging ya, really enjoy your blog. Oh yes, your recipe of the pasta is her favourite now, every weekend pasti ada....come to think of it, I noticed that is the only recipe that I've seen her enjoy eating, mind you..she has the 3rd helping...

Popular posts from this blog

Bahasa Melano Balingian

oooo En Haris......Izzah............Ombak Rindu

Thoughts and rambles