Good food with good company

Growing up some of us used to play masak2 with our friends and believe me at this age when you still play masak2 with your childhood friends nothing beats the enjoyment that we felt yesterday. We had so much fun yesterday, the meal was nothing special just simple everyday meal. Since her relocation from KL earlier this year, we never had the opportunity to spend time together as she was very busy the moment she took over her new position at her Kuching office.  And yeah, we have a knack of taking things  for granted that yeah, we will always say or rather assume that we can do this and that the next time round and bla, bla, bla  ...but  none of the plans materialised. 

This dear friend of mine since primary school days got the best offer of her life and I am so happy or rather estatic for her.  When I graduated 22 years ago, that O & G company was one of the organisations  that I wanted to work with but my fate was with the bank instead. As a matter of fact I did not submit any applications to any bank at that time  Surprised as I was I just went for the interview unprepared.  I only knew much later that my name was submitted to the Branch Manager by my lecturer then, they called me up for an interview and within a week later I joined the bank.  Come to think of it, it was like so easy to get a job those days.   But like they say , rezeki dah datang, terima je la kan. And the same thing happened to her, she was practically shoved by her niece without her knowledge to the management and wallla, the company called her up and interviewed her twice over the phone.  Of course, she came with a very attractive CV and portfolio and after serving several established companies and almost every single related knowledge is at her fingertips, that company is making a huge mistake if they didn't employ her.  And to add cream to topping she got the most attractive offers that was beyond her wildest imaginations.  It seems to me that everything good seem to fall on her laps easily. Alhamdullillah! Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah! Allahuakbar! 
  

 Ulam2 n sambal belacan with fried ikan terubuk

My favourite was this salted ikan terubuk fried with crispy shallots and dried chillies.

And so we celebrated in style, our style lah!...eating simple home-cooked food with thanks and appreciation to the Almighty for having to bestow such blessings to her.  We had breakfast early in the morning and after that did some shopping for our lunch treat and we played masak2.  I only did the sambal belacan with that fiery hot chilli locally known as cabik geronong.  Yes, the chilli is fiery hot but hey good sambal should hot and spicy ok.

So come April she will report for duty and reunited with her family again.  Am sure the whole family particularly the husband is happy to have her back.  I can see that she misses her family terribly but I guess  3 months is enough for everyone and lucky she got that job.  My prayers that her dreams will come true one of these days insyallah. She may be up high there in the corporate world but am thankful that she is still the same humble and cool person that I played masak2 with and playing zero-point with. Till then take care dear friend, you have a big challenge ahead.    You made the first little step already and I believe with your determination and constant drive for success your horizon might expand to the international level sooner than you expected.


Photobucket

Comments

eVa said…
perghhh nyamannn ya lok.. aie lapa ndah mek hahaha
Nur68 said…
tqs for dropping by Eva...well..simple food with good company is always the best kan...kitak take care owh...u hv a very2 nice blog and I enjoy reading it, kamek belum dpt nak molah blog dlm BM...caca marba jak bhs...

Popular posts from this blog

Bahasa Melano Balingian

oooo En Haris......Izzah............Ombak Rindu

Thoughts and rambles