Junior and the good old days at ITM

Had a nice surprise just now when my brother who is staying in KL called and told me that somebody would like to speak to me, of all the people, I never expected to hear from her again. The last I heard or saw her was when she was doing her Pre-Commerce in 1990 at UiTM (then ITMCS). She was in the first batch of freshies that initiated the Semariang Campus then. It was my first time being an OC (Orientation Committee). But then the ragging thingy was already banned after the UPM's case earlier on. Still we did manage to put the freshies under pressure or rather the so-called orientation kind of a thing. But compared to my orientation days back in 1987, they fare better than us. We had miserably endured 11 days of orientation week back in ITM Batu Lintang then, we had to face the constant shouting, ridiculous requests such as looking for pregnant ants, kissing and hugging a tree, walking like ducks and quacking away at the same time. We had little time to sleep. We were practically up and about with talks after talks, briefings, group work etc. Think you can rest back at the hostel...no way!..we had some more 'ragging' from the seniors. Hey...I thought I was talking about my junior, Salmiza..hehehehehe...happy to hear from her, coincidentally her brother happens to be my brother's friend..what a small world indeed! Happy to hear that she's married with 3 kids and settled herself nicely in KL. We talked and gossiped for a while. Guess, I'll be sharing this story with Raden then, she's the same batch with Salmiza.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bahasa Melano Balingian

oooo En Haris......Izzah............Ombak Rindu

Thoughts and rambles